PRESTO is smart, simple, easy-to-use, and takes the worry out of commuting. It is an electronic fare payment system available across 11 transit agencies in the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area and Ottawa.
PRESTO uses smart-card technology that stores funds in a secure account, replacing the need for tickets, tokens, passes or cash.
When you tap your PRESTO card on a fare payment device, the electronic chip embedded in the card instantly calculates the fare and deducts it from your account or verifies your weekly/monthly pass.
Get a PRESTO card today and take advantage of the great benefits we have to offer:
- Always pay the lowest fare with your PRESTO card
- Add funds to your account online, with our Autoload and Autorenew options, at Self-Serve Reload Machines, or in person.
- Travel seamlessly across multiple transit agencies with the one electronic fare card.
- Registering your PRESTO card helps to protect your money if your card is lost or stolen.
When you’re ready to order your PRESTO card, there is a one-time $6.00 fee to pay – this covers the cost of the electronic chip embedded within it. In addition, you will need to visit a Customer Service Outlet to add your student concession onto your card.
For certain transactions on your PRESTO card, there is a 24-hour wait before you can use the funds. To learn more about why there’s a 24-hour wait, please visit the PRESTO website.
Once you’re all set with your PRESTO card, you can use it on Brampton Transit, York Region Transit, GO Transit and the TTC, increasing the convenience of PRESTO when travelling to home, work, school, or anywhere else.
And, if you are on campus but in a pinch, visit Inkblotz, located within York Lanes, to load funds on your card.
For more information on PRESTO, and to obtain your PRESTO card, visit prestocard.ca.
- How to use PRESTO on Brampton Transit - Website
- How to use PRESTO on GO Transit - Website
- How to use PRESTO on TTC - Website
- How to use PRESTO on YRT/Viva - Video and Website