April 8th Update:
In response to COVID-19 and to ensure Brampton Transit is serving its community safely, bus service will be changed as follows until further notice, effective Monday, April 13.
Please note that these changes include the cancellation of Route 501A Züm Queen service to York University, until further notice. Passengers to/from Brampton may take the TTC Subway to Vaughan Metropolitan Centre Station, and connect with Route 501 Züm Queen (Via Highway 7).
The routes listed below will run on the following schedules:
- Monday to Saturday – buses will operate on Enhanced Sunday Service (Regular Sunday Service with additional trips during AM and PM Peak Periods on busier routes, including earlier trips similar to regular weekday trip times)
- Sunday – buses will operate on Sunday Service, which includes some cancelled routes
Brampton Transit's Züm Bus Rapid Transit service runs along Queen Street from downtown Brampton to York University. Click here Brampton Transit Route Map to view the map of the new line.
For updates, visit www.bramptontransit.com and follow Brampton Transit on Twitter @BramptonTransit.
Here’s how Züm improves your daily ride:
- Limited stops: Unlike conventional transit routes, Züm has limited stops that are further apart – reducing travel time.
- Frequency: Züm runs every 7.5 minutes during rush hours and every 15 minutes during the rest of the day. Brampton Transit is also increasing the frequency of its conventional routes that connect to the Züm Queen Street line.
- Reliability: Züm vehicles are equipped with technology that can influence traffic signals – ensuring they stay on schedule, even in mixed traffic.
- Advanced communication: Real-time schedule information is posted at all Züm station stops and transit terminals – so you’ll always know when your next üm vehicle will arrive. You can also surf and text for real-time schedule information.
- Seamless integration: Since Züm doesn’t operate separately from Brampton Transit’s conventional service, you’ll be able to move between the two services with ease. And, the fare for Züm is the same as for Brampton Transit's conventional routes.